I discovered something through the work I was doing with Paul J. Meyer:
I was having trouble figuring out what I wanted most in life. But as I began to think about my values and go through the Wheel of Life tool, I discovered that what I wanted most was a sense of control in my life.
A lot of us try to run away from responsibility. We avoid it and don’t want it, because it means whatever happens from that point on is because of our choices.
While working with Paul, I came to realize 2 things:
- I wasn’t taking personal responsibility for where I was in life. I blamed my boss, my mother, and my husband for the situations I was in.
- I wanted a sense that I was the one making the decisions and that I was the one directing my life. I wanted to be able to make decisions that were right for me, and in order to do that, I needed to have a sense of control.
Taking personal responsibility fundamentally changed the relationship I had with my husband and the relationships I had with my family. That was truly the first step I took towards being way more successful than I had ever been before.
That sense of being responsible isn’t something you can fake. It’s not something you can only feel halfway. You have to believe down to the depths of your soul that you are responsible for your situation, and from that you will find freedom.
See you next week,
What Did You Think of How I Took Responsibility In My Life And Found Happiness
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don’t miss out on new videos!
- Leave a Comment your thoughts and experiences..
- Share This Post to help others change their lives, just like I’ve changed mine.