Have you ever wanted to do something so badly, but just couldn’t take the first step to do it?
Whether you’re afraid that you’ll fail, you’re doubting yourself, or you don’t feel like you have all of the pieces together, you haven’t taken that first step.
We all know it’s called procrastination… but what do we do about it?
One of my associates called me the other day and said she had a plan to start rebuilding her sales team. I was so excited for her, and glad that she was getting started again after being inactive for quite a while.
The only problem was, that inactivity had made her very nervous about working in that area again.
She knew what to do; she had all the tools, the support, but she also had a list of things she needed in place before she took that first step.
I listened to that list and right away I knew she didn’t need any of it. She had a plan ready to go that she was excited about… she just needed to get started on it.
If you want to overcome procrastination, there are a couple important things to keep in mind.
1. The first step to taking action can seem overwhelming. If you have a long list of things you need to do to accomplish your goal, just choose one of the tasks on your list and start doing it.
You know the old adage “A body in motion stays in motion, a body at rest stays at rest.” The first step to start moving is hard, but once you do, it gets easier and easier to keep going.
2. Have a plan in place to follow. This is something that a lot of people fall down on. They don’t have a plan to follow, so they have to keep stopping along the way in order to figure out their next move. Make a plan now, so that all you need to do later is walk through the steps and get it done.
If you’re really struggling to make a plan, I want to offer you some guidance in putting a plan together, turning your aspirations into goals, and goals into activity. Click here to get started with it, and I hope it’ll help you overcome procrastination for good.
Take a look!
What Did You Think of Procrastination: Stop What’s Stopping You?
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don’t miss out on new videos!
- Leave a Comment your thoughts and experiences..
- Share This Post to help others change their lives, just like I’ve changed mine.