If I could tell you the secret ingredient for what makes most people successful, wouldn’t you want to know it?
Well, it’s not really a secret, in fact it’s a study from Harvard. Watch or continue reading below to find out what it is.
Harvard did a study years ago where they found that:
- of the success that people experienced was from their knowledge
- was from their application of that knowledge (in other words, their skill set)
- and a whopping 85% of their success came from their attitude.
What if you chose to see things through a different set of lenses?
What if you could change your attitude, so that you could change your situation?
What if you looked at yourself in the mirror and saw someone powerful, capable and beautiful?
Would things change in your world?
As someone who went through these exact transformations, I
I went from doubting myself to thinking I was powerful beyond measure.
I went from seeing myself destined for a life of poverty, to knowing I could earn as much as I wished.
I went from being afraid to speak in front of a dozen people to addressing thousands at a time.
I went through a 3-step “attitude adjustment” as I like to call it.
- Understand and fully accept that your attitude is the problem and needs adjusting.
- Reprogram your mind.
- Practice, practice, practice your new attitude until it becomes a habit.
“Reprogramming” sounds a bit cultish, but it’s how you got your current habit of thinking in the first place. You were programmed by the people around you, by school, by the media, and finally reinforced it yourself.
Attitude is more powerful than you realize. And affirmations are one of the most powerful tools for reprogramming it. Affirmations are positive thoughts or statements affirming a truth or desired goal.
- Make your statement in 1st person.
- Keep it present tense, as though you’ve already achieved or become it.
- Make sure it’s positive!
- Make it POWERFUL! The more detailed, the better. Say exactly what you want to be doing, and why.
- Lastly, it needs to be passionately proclaimed! Say it out loud, tell your friends and family, speak it to yourself during the day and choose with all your heart to make it true.
Create an Affirmation for Yourself
Pick one of the habits you want to change, and write an affirmation for it. Begin with a statement saying the habit has already been changed. Say it over and over. Put emotion into it. Shout it from the rooftops!
Here’s an example: Maybe you’re someone who’s always late. You know you’ll be late for almost any event you go to, and even others say that it annoys them or makes them mad to wait on you. Naturally, you begin to accept that fact and it becomes your attitude. You’ll always be late, so there’s nothing to be done about it.
Instead of accepting that, start telling yourself “I arrive on time or early because it shows that I respect and care for the people I’m meeting.”
And tell yourself again.
“I arrive on time or early because it shows that I respect and care for the people I’m meeting.”
That is how successful people become successful. That is how people make changes.
One of my favorite affirmations that works for anyone and everyone is: “I feel healthy! I feel happy! I feel terrific!” – W. Clement Stone
What Did You Think of The Secret That Can Transform Your Life
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don’t miss out on new videos!
- Leave a Comment your thoughts and experiences..
- Share This Post to help others change their lives, just like I’ve changed mine.